Sunday, February 22, 2009

Literal Video for A-Ha song "Take On Me"



Usually, I try to come up with some kind of hook to the title of these posts. Don't think I didn't this time. In fact, in keeping with the spirit of the re-make for the A-Ha throwaway "Take On Me", which I found on my Facebook "Wall", I think I've hit the nail on the head. Watch the video. You decide. It's at least hilarious.

And what of Facebook? It's an excellent time-waster. It's kind of hokey, what with all the "poking" and "sending gifts" that can go on. Not to mention the fallout one can experience from "ignoring" the wrong "friend requests". It's also potentially malevolent, as it has recently come to light that from a CIA/NSA-spying-on-us point of view, it can be an actual data-mining trove. But in simple terms, it is an extraordinary means to get back in esoteric touch with old friends and acquaintances. I've reconnected with friends from high school, college (both of them) and law school, and I continue to do so on a weekly basis.

And at the risk of incurring the wrath of my beautiful wife (who now knows how to operate a shotgun, I hasten to add), my senior year girlfriend and prom date posted some incredibly sweet pictures from that time. Who wouldn't want to go there after 20 years of real life if not just to be reminded of the possibilities you were looking at from that vantage point, when A-Ha looked like the new U2. And if you can conclude, like I have, that you're still headed in the right direction, the excercise, and the time-wasting, is in fact not so wasteful.

BAND MONTAGE!

No comments: